Cobb County (Ga.)
Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
Atkinson-Floyd Papers, 1815-1994
Bell Aircraft Georgia Division (Marietta) Collection, 1942-1945
The photographs have been arranged into five sub-series and ordered chronologically.
Blair Family Collection, 1914-1950
The Blair Family Collection consists of scrapbooks, papers, and photographs pertaining mainly to the 1940s, while L.M. (Rip) Blair was mayor of Marietta, Georgia, and the Bell Aircraft Company was transforming the local economy and culture. The collection also includes a number of blueprints for public projects in Marietta and Fair Oaks from 1938 to 1941.
Cobb Education Consortium (CEC). records, 1991-2002
Bayard and Mary Cole Papers, 1913-1966
Files are arranged in chronological order, with the exception of a correspondence series of D.C. Cole, filed alphabetically by last name.
Gregson and Ellis Architectural Drawings Collection
J. S. Gibson and Company. account ledgers, 1879-1904
This collection consists of two handwritten ledgers from 1879 and 1880 of John Stanley Gibson, who owned J. S. Gibson and Co., a blacksmith shop in Big Shanty, Georgia after the Civil War. The ledgers were continued into the early 1900s by Isom Fletcher Gibson, son of John Stanley Gibson. Both ledgers contain the accounts of farmers from the immediate region, who are identified by name at the top of each page. Included are loose papers and ephemera related to the family business.
Robert deTreville Lawrence III Papers, 1730-2003
Index compiled by Thomas A. Scott, 19 September 1996.
Hattie G. Wilson Papers, 1979-1988
The bulk of this collection is related to Hattie Gaines Wilson's terms, both as board member and chair, on the Board of Commissioners of the Marietta Housing Authority. It includes correspondence, meeting minutes and agendas, financial statements and reports, as well as general documents and records. Other parts of this collection are regarding community service and volunteer work done by Ms. Wilson at Kennestone Hospital and the Marietta-Cobb Community Center.