Museum of History and Holocaust Education. Oral history project, 2013.
Started in 2013, the Museum of History and Holocaust Education's Oral History Program preserves first-hand accounts of past events through recorded film. To date, over 50 individuals have participated, contributing valuable content to museum programming, exhibitions, and K-12 curriculum.
The MHHE Oral History Program includes two ongoing projects, the Legacy Series and Immigrant Stories. Through the Legacy Series, we preserve the experiences of Holocaust survivors, World War II veterans, home front workers, and others who lived during the Second World War. Through the Immigrant Stories oral history project, we interview individuals who have first or second-hand experiences of immigration.
More resources, including educator resources and links to shorter video clips, can be found at the MHHE's Legacy Series homepage.
- Kennesaw State University. Museum of History and Holocaust Education (Organization)
- Newberry, James (Interviewer, Person)
- Langer, Adina (Interviewer, Person)
Language of Materials
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research. Archival materials may contain sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state “right to privacy” laws. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals without the consent of those individuals may have legal cause for action if facts concerning an individual’s private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person. Privately donated materials may carry restrictions imposed by deed as a condition of donation and require the permission of the donor or donor’s agent. The KSU archives does not itself waive such restrictions, nor will it act as an advocate for any researcher seeking such waivers. KSU archives staff have taken care to identify and, in some cases, remove sensitive information found within its archival collections when undertaking archival processing work. However, privacy protected information may be revealed during use of the archival collections, particularly in those collections that are unprocessed or have been minimally processed. Researchers agree to make no notes or other recordation of privacy protected information if found within the archival collections, and further agree not to publish, publicize, or disclose such information to any other party for any purpose if found within the archival collections. Researchers agree to indemnify and hold harmless Kennesaw State University and its officers, employees, and agents from and against all suits, claims, actions, and expenses arising out of use of archival collections held by the Kennesaw State University Archives.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyrighted by Kennesaw State University. All rights reserved. The Kennesaw State University Archives provides the information contained on this site for non-commercial, personal, or research use only. All other use, including but not limited to commercial or scholarly reproduction, redistribution, publication, or transmission, whether by electronic means or otherwise, without prior written permission of the copyright holder is strictly prohibited.
146 digital file
The collection is arranged in two series':
- Legacy Series
- Immigrant Stories
Source of Acquisition
Museum of History and Holocaust Education
Method of Acquisition
Transfer. Received on shared server directory from James Newberry.
- Antisemitism -- Europe -- History -- 20th Century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Depressions -- 1929 -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military training Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Racism -- United States -- History -- 20th Century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Transcripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Social aspects -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- MHHE Oral History Program
- In Progress
- Alissa Matheny Helms
- November 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Kennesaw State University Archives Repository
1000 Chastain Road
Kennesaw GA 30144 GKJ