Kennesaw State University Foundation. records, 1969-2015
The Kennesaw State University Foundation Records date from 1969 to 1996, with the bulk of those materials dating from 1991 to 1996, and chiefly consist of materials related to business and financial matters, including quarterly reports, account books, and gift contributions; meeting minutes, including those related to the controversy associated with the course Representative Newt Gingrich taught at KSU in 1993 called "Renewing American Civilization"; by-laws, articles of incorporation; and other administrative records, including letters, memorandums, and telephone messages.
The Addition of May 2018 chiefly contains administrative records from the KSU Foundation, including the Executive Committee meetings and minutes from the first meeting in 1969 to 2007, as well as minutes from other committees; annual meetings from 1991 to 2006; annual reports; bylaws; articles of incorporation; resolutions; Board of Trustees files; documents related to the "Anne Frank in the World" exhibit held at KSU; and other materials.
- circa 1969-2015
- Majority of material found within 1990s-2005
- Kennesaw State University Foundation (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The records are open for research. Some files are RESTRICTED. Archival materials may contain sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state “right to privacy” laws. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals without the consent of those individuals may have legal cause for action if facts concerning an individual’s private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person. KSU archives staff have taken care to identify and, in some cases, remove sensitive information found within its archival collections when undertaking archival processing work. However, privacy protected information may be revealed during use of the archival collections, particularly in those collections that are unprocessed or have been minimally processed. Researchers agree to make no notes or other recordation of privacy protected information if found within the archival collections, and further agree not to publish, publicize, or disclose such information to any other party for any purpose if found within the archival collections. Researchers agree to indemnify and hold harmless Kennesaw State University and its officers, employees, and agents from and against all suits, claims, actions, and expenses arising out of use of archival collections held by the Kennesaw State University Archives.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright for Official University records is held by Kennesaw State University; all other copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law. Permission to publish, reproduce, publicly display, broadcast, or distribute this material must be secured from the repository and/or copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
The then Kennesaw Junior College Foundation (now the Kennesaw State University Foundation) was formally incorporated in 1969 with a 23-member board of trustees, and held its first organizational meeting in April 17, 1969, with temporary Chair Robert T. Garrison presiding.
7.50 cubic feet (7 record cartons, 1 document case, 1 oversize folder)
Method of Acquisition
Transferred to the KSU archives in October 2016 (Accession 16-076-ks) and May 2018 from records management off-site storage facility.
Further accruals are expected.
Processed by: Armando Suarez, October 2016 and May 2018.
- Gingrich, Newt
- Account books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Administrative records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Anne Frank in the World: 1929-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Articles of incorporation Subject Source: Saa
- Business records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Bylaws (administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Education, Higher--Administration Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Foundations Subject Source: Saa
- Gifts Subject Source: Saa
- Kennesaw State University Foundation -- History Subject Source: Gil
- Meetings Subject Source: Saa
- Memorandums Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minutes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reproductions (derivative objects) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Kennesaw State University. Board of Trustees (1969-) (Organization)
- Maggie Thomas
- 2020 March 16
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Kennesaw State University Archives Repository
1000 Chastain Road
Kennesaw GA 30144 GKJ