Welcome to the Kennesaw State University Archives and Special Collections online catalog.
Search The Archives
About This Catalog:
The Kennesaw State University (KSU) Archives catalog contains descriptive information about the content and context of collections preserved within the KSU Archives and Bentley Rare Book Museum. These descriptive resources, also known as finding aids, are searchable and allow researchers to discover information about archival materials that may be of interest to them. The archival records described in these finding aids are accessible in our reading room, and links to relevant digital archives are included when available.
Using the Catalog:
The KSU Archives catalog supports a variety of search techniques. Researchers can conduct keyword searches using the ''Search the Archives'' field above. This field allows researchers to filter searches by collections, digital materials, keywords, titles, subjects, and notes. Researchers can also use the top ribbon to limit searches by Repository, Collection, Digital Material, Subjects, Names, and Record Groups.
- Filter by Repository: conduct searches within the KSU Archives collection or the Bentley Rare Book Museum collection.
- Filter by Collection: access finding aids for all collections in the KSU Archives and the Bentley Rare Book Museum.
- Filter by Digital Material: access born-digital and digitized materials in the KSU Archives and the Bentley Rare Book Museum. Please note that many items in the KSU Archives and Bentley Rare Book Museum exist only as physical items and may not have digital surrogates.
- Filter by Subjects, Names, and Record Groups: access topical themes and names, as well as the record groupings found in the KSU Archives and Bentley Rare Book Museum.
For additional help, check out our guide to searching and browsing the KSU Archives and Special Collections or watch a video tutorial.
Navigating a Finding Aid:
Researchers can use finding aids to discover information about a collection’s context, structure, and content.
- Collection Overview tab: provides contextual information about the collection, including provenance, subjects represented, biographical information, access policies, etc.
- Collection Organization tab: describes the collection's hierarchical organization. Hierarchies generally include a combination of series, subseries, boxes, files, and items. The right side bar outlines this same information.
- Container Inventory tab: allows researchers to search for content within the top-level containers of a collection.
To search for specific subjects or items represented in a collection, select the ''Collection Overview'' tab and enter a search term into the ''Search Collection'' field on the right. Click the ''Search'' button and view your results.
To learn more about the Kennesaw State University Archives and Special Collections, visit our homepage.Looking for digital collections? Visit SOAR, our digital repository.
Need Assistance? Email email@example.com or call 470-578-6289